Sascha and I have officially been at this whole marriage thing for a whole month, and what a crazy month it has been.
Here's what we've been up to:
- Sascha went to band camp with the BYU Cougar Marching Band
- Sascha started his classes, and his earliest one is 10am, which is fantastic because we get to sleep in
- I got a job working as a nanny for a super awesome family
- Sascha joined the turkey club by bowling 3 strikes in a row during his bowling class
- I got a free game of bowling for getting 2 strikes in a row with the granny bowl at fatcatz
- I've decided that Costa Vida is actually the greatest food. ever.
- We survived our first trip to IKEA (and got an awesome futon out of it)
- We finally got our records moved to our new ward, and I think we'll really like it there
- Being called Sister Vogel at church is equal parts awesome and weird
- Sascha played in an Ultimate Frisbee 3v3 tournament, and won the sky machine (who can jump the highest) for his height.
- I was supposed to play on a 3v3 team for the frisbee wives, but got really sick the morning of
- Altitude sickness has been kicking my butt (at least, that's what we think it is)
- Sascha is playing on an intramural ultimate frisbee team that consists mostly of people from Georgia, called Peach Perfect
- We went to our first college football game, Sascha with the band and I in the student section
- We've watched 2 seasons of the show Heroes and are close to being done with season 3
and because I just love bulleted lists, here are 3 things that we have each learned in our whopping one month of marriage.
- I kiss better than I cook
- You have to pick you battles, and most of them aren't worth fighting
- Laughter truly is the best medicine, and I married the funniest man out there
- You can't just think about yourself anymore
- No matter how mad we are, we still love each other
- It's hard
and Bonus!! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the wedding! (and by some, I mean a lot)
I love this day, I love my husband, and I love my marriage.
This has been the greatest month of my life, and I can't wait for oh so many more.